What is a Tow Endorsement?
The Assistance Tow endorsement is a provision added to a Master license and is designed for boat captains who tow vessels for a fee. To provide assistance towing, captains are legally required to hold an Assistance Tow endorsement. If you tow a vessel for a fee (i.e. commercially tow) without an endorsement, you are subject to fines and other penalties.
- Hold an OUPV or Master license
- Self-paced online course typically takes 4 hours depending on experience level
- One final exam which can be taken at one of our nationwide approved testing sites
- 24/7 course availability. Mobile responsive content allows you to complete course work anytime, anywhere
- National Maritime Center approved for issuance and renewal of Master merchant mariner credential
- Fees include all course material and one sitting of your proctored exams
- From the time you start your first lesson, you have 26 weeks to complete the course & exams. Most students complete the course within 1 week
- Refund policy: All courses can be refunded within four weeks of purchase or the completion of one course module, whichever comes first
Military, First Responder, Veteran, and Group enrollment discounts are available.
Have more questions? Feel free to call, text, or email us. We’re happy to help.